2018 was a year of ups and downs, just like any.
- I started my first proper job in May as an Intern Copywriter at a digital marketing agency in Chiswick. Soon, I became a Junior Copywriter/Social Media Executive (bit of a mouthful, I know).
- I landed a new job as a Communications Coordinator which I’ll be starting in a couple of weeks.
- I broke up with my boyfriend which was one of the hardest things I’ve ever had to do. But, it was for the best. We’re both thriving and becoming ourselves again. And, we’re still friends.
- I visited the motherland for the first time in around 8 years with my family. I got ill and had a couple of funny turns, despite already being on medication. Apart from that, it was a great trip that involved lots of temples, food, saris, and relatives.
- I went solo-travelling (in Andalucía) for the first time in over 2 years. I visited old friends and made new ones – something I hadn’t expected to happen.
- I visited other beautiful sights: Ischia, Cliffs of Moher, Galway, Dublin, Peak District, and Ronda.
- I established a better relationship with my body and mental heath by swimming and going to the gym again, embracing and getting the most out of veganism, journalling, meditating, and listening to myself.
- I rekindled old friendships.
- I explored my sexuality and started dating again.
- I went to LOADS of gigs and a couple of festivals, bringing about a host of emotions.
- As a family, we hosted our second Crisis BBQ, raising money for homelessness around the city, and getting the word out.
It’s now 2019, so it’s time to reflect on the last few months, but also look to the future.